Wondering how to help people affected by Hurricane Harvey and want a reason to visit downtown?
Then Cincinnati Metro’s “Stuff-the-Bus” campaign is the answer.
Tomorrow Friday, September 8th from 10 am to 2 pm you can help “Stuff-the-Bus” with supplies and walk around downtown. The drop off is just southeast of Fountain Square at Government Square Area E.
This collection event benefits Matthew 25: Ministries and their work with the poorest of the poor and disaster victims.
“Stuff-the-Bus” items needed:
- Non-perishable food: pull top canned vegetables, fruit, etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerky, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready to eat meals
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach, mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, nose/mouth masks, garbage bags, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper. Paper towels, Kleenex, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauzes, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, bug sprays, etc.
And of course, monetary donations are always accepted: Online: Matthew 25 Ministries or by check using snail mail to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242.
Hurricane Irma is making a run for the southern states in the next week or so. Helping “Stuff-the-Bus” for Harvey will help the folks currently trying to dig out and rebuild from last week’s weather.