It’s official Saturday, September 29th and Sunday, September 30th are designated as the dates for greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and southeastern Indiana “Open House Weekend”.
If the information below is not detailed enough or if you are considering buying or selling your house or condo- call for detailed market analysis. Or Subscribe.
That means extra media coverage for sellers and their agents who are willing to open their doors to the buying public. The goal is to have 2500 properties “open” on Saturday and/or Sunday. Lots of buyer traffic means sellers need to:
- Let your Realtor know as soon as possible that you want an “open house” this weekend. The sooner the information is posted online -the better.
- Make sure the outside of your property has curb appeal. The rain and cooler weather has boosted the growth of bushes, grass and …..weeds. Take an hour or two to trim, weed and sweep so the walk to your front door does not resemble a “walk in the wild”.
- Last chance to complete the “honey do list” form your listing agent- declutter, touch up paint, mop and dust so the inside wows potential buyers.
- If the weekend weather is wet- let your agent know where to find a few good size towels in case the foyer or entry ways attract wet feet. I know most buyers would rather wipe their wet feet on a towel than somebody’s neat carpet.
- Finally- sellers you need to find a movie or something to do- get away from the home or condo and allow the Realtors to do their jobs.
And potential buyers looking to make a deal:
- Get your loan “approved -pending a contract and appraisal”. Notice I didn’t say “preapproved” or “prequalified”. Believe it (or not) as well priced new listings hit the market buyers are jumping to make purchase offer. Sellers (and their agents) are more comfortable with buyers who have taken the time to go through the entire loan approval process.
- Review contract paperwork and timelines with your Realtor during your “buyer counseling session”. If you have concerns about the wording in purchase contracts, inspections or anything about the buying process- get all your questions answered.
The “Open House Weekend” is a great event for both sellers and buyers to take advantage of the real estate market in greater Cincinnati.